Sunday, 18 December 2011

Sunday Sketch & Stamp 86 - Claire's sketch

Good morning everyone, can you believe it's only a week to go before Christmas!?  Where has this month gone?  I hope you are all ready, presents bought and wrapped?

  It's Claire here hosting our last challenge for 2011 and some very sad news too, it's my last challenge with Sunday Sketch & Stamp.  I have decided after 18 months to step down from the DT as I have been very busy and with a forthcoming wedding I need to take a break.  I have really enjoyed my time with Maggie and the team, made some lovely friends, but I will still be in blogland, so won't be far away.

We had some amazing entries last week for Barbara's challenge, but as always there can only be one winner of Maggie's fabulous goody bag.

Chosen by random.org our winner is number 5

Pauline

with this fabulous card


Congratulations Pauline, please get in touch using the email address in our sidebar and we will sort out your prize for you.

So onto this week's sketch produced by me.


Feel free to flip, rotate, re-size and add embellishments, as long as we can clearly tell you have followed the sketch.

Our sponsor this week is Willow Designs


One lucky winner will receive these two fab digi  images
 "All I Want For Christmas" and "Dear Santa"

 
 
I am very lucky to be on the DT for Willow Designs, Sharon's images are amazing - here's a little bit about her: 

"My name is Sharon Armstrong, the face behind Willow Designs.  I have been card making for around 15years and have drawn character images from being very young. 

I get a lot of my creativity from my mum who was a very talented dress maker, I used to spend hours sitting with her at her desk, watching her sew, she taught me how to smock and do shadow work in small embroidery pieces, she is and always will be an inspiration in all of my work. 

I studied graphic design in 1989 which led me to my first creative job, designing jewellery beads for UK bead houses.   One of the main questions people ask me is where do I get all the ideas for my characters?, the simple short answer is - I'm not quite sure Smile A scribble here and there just leads me to different characters. Once I've got the main features of the character which has to be simple to reproduce as I work with a good old fashioned pencil and paper, I can start building a story around them, sounds strange?...the things I could tell you about what these little lot get up to  By doing this, it makes it easier to progress a range and create different poses etc. 

Anyone who knows me or follows my blog Fairy Dust Bag knows I have been using and endorsing Letraset Promarkers for a number of years, I just can't get enough of them, they give me the professional results I'm looking for with very little time needed. 

I also work freelance for Cardmaking & Papercraft magazine, designing different projects every month". 
Sharon x


To enter all you have to do is make a card following the sketch (making sure you include stamping somewhere on your creation - digi's are fine), and post your entry into the linky below. Check out the Rules page above for more information.

The deadline is midnight (UK time) on Saturday 31st December

To help inspire you, the DT have made some fabulous cards below using the images above.

Claire


Donna


Emma

To follow

Kathrin

To follow

Mira


Sam


Sarah


Helen (Guest DT)



We hope you will join in with the challenge this week and we look forward to seeing your creations.




2 comments:

  1. Good morning!
    I’ve included your site on a page I’ve put together devoted to hops, challenges, and memes for every day of the week! The link to that page is under my header. http://acts17verse28.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the fun challenge - great inspiration from everyone! :) Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete