Monday, 13 April 2009

Meet The Team - Sem

Hey everyone! My name is Simonne, but in the blogging world I'm known as SemSee (Sem for short). If you're wondering how I came up with my blog name, well ... my dad used to call me 'Semolina' ('Sem' for short) when I was little and my surname begins with the letter C, and so I decided my blog name would be SemSee!

I live in the South West of England (UK) with my wonderful husband and our beautiful daughter. My other passion in life (apart from my family and card making) is the piano. I started lessons when I was 5 years old, went onto study music at University, and graduated with a degree in music in 1996 (now you can work out how old I am!). I was an original Take That fan, adore Cadbury's Creme Eggs, and love the sound of the sea.

I took up card making in December 2008 when I was randomly surfing the net for ideas for my mum's birthday and stumbled across a card making blog. I was so taken aback by the numerous beautiful creations that I decided to order some crafty stash and make a card for my mum! And the rest, as they say, is 'history'! I mainly make cards at the moment, but I would definitely like to have a go at scrapbooking and altering, oh, and I love discovering new techniques. I am addicted to stamps and patterned papers, and find it almost impossible to resist buying new releases! And I can't live without my Nesties and my precious Martha Stewart punches. My idea of crafting heaven is stamping and sketching, so SSS couldn't be more perfect for me! Woo hoo! ... Bring it on!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Sem
    Finally have a face to the name,nice one to
    ugs Debra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Semsee on getting on the the DT for this new challenge blog, I am not surprised as your cards are works of art and I can't believe you have only been making cards since December as they are so beautiful. Well done Hugs Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Semmsee Congratulations you deserve it. Your cards are all stunning and I should know as I now have a few. Nice to see the face behind the creations.
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete