Tuesday, 14 April 2009

Meet The Team - Barb

Hello! I am Barb and I am very excited to be on the first DT for Sunday Sketch and Stamp! Congratulations to my new team mates and, of course, many thanks to Maggie Bob, our fearless leader.

A bit about me: I have quite a diverse background, but I'll give just some highlights and focus on art and crafts. Five years ago I married my best friend and I have a grown son who is a Lt. Commander in the Navy

I was blessed to be born into a very artistic family and when I was growing up art in many forms was my focus. Then I had to go to work and art became a hobby at best. After growing up in the Midwest I found myself in Phoenix, Arizona, where I raised my son and worked in corporate management. Still art was a sideline, but I found myself scrapbooking my son's world travels. Soon I found myself using the scrapbooking styles on greeting cards.

Photography is equally important to me and I dived into that with the coming of digital. My photos often find their way onto cards, as well. (As for the photo above: I prefer to be behind the camera so this is a very rare shot!) Whatever art I am doing I love color, texture and interesting composition.

So, here I am in Branson, Missouri. We left Phoenix and the corporate life behind us in 2007 so I could get back to my first love --- art. Blogging is a huge part of my new endeavors, giving me a chance to reach all around the world meeting wonderful people with immense talents. What a blast!!

No comments:

Post a Comment